Lime Wash Palette
Interior Design Tips
1) The neutral look of lime wash oak floors gives you a great deal of leeway when it comes to decorating any room or area in your house. You can go for Traditional, Rustic, or even modern Contemporary designs.
2) The lighter shade of this flooring means that it can hide dust and dirt much better than darker wood flooring. Still, it’s a good idea to have a high quality doormat for inside and outside the house, so that most of the grime can be removed from shoes before people step on your flooring.
3) If you have a preference for bold colors for your furnishings and room accessories, it’s a good idea to continue the predominant neutral vibe of your flooring with your choice of wall colors. You can pick any shade of grey, along with brown, from black brown to beige. Just make sure that the color of the wall doesn’t match the exact color of the floor. It should be at least 2 shades lighter or 2 shades darker.
4) In some cases, your oak floor may have some cool undertones. If that’s the case, you may want to use cool colors for your walls too. These may include greyish green, true green, violet, and blue.
5) On the other hand, your oak floor may have some warm undertones instead. If this is the case, use warm colors for the wall. These include red, yellow, orange, and various combinations of these 3 colors.
6) If possible, avoid pure white for your walls when you have lime wash oak for your floor. It may be a little too stark. However, lots of white paints come with small amounts of other pigments in either cool or warm colors. That should help you match that white paint with your particular oak color. Pair the cool undertone in the white paint with the oak floor with cool undertones, and the same rule applies to the warm undertones. If you use warm white with cool oak, the color of the wall may seem dirty and dull.