Interior Design Tips
1) Grey is a neutral color so it works well with just about every other color you like. But since it’s not as commonplace as beige oak, it’s a great foundation for unusual or idiosyncratic interior designs. If, for example, you have grey oak floors and white walls, then you really need some dramatic colors in the room to achieve balance.
2) If you’re still not decided on a color for your wall, you can use very quiet colors to balance the look. You can choose from very pale pink, pale yellow, honey, sage, and sand colors. You can use the trim as a transition element, using cream with a slight hint of gray. This you can use for your window trim and for the ceiling and floor molding.
3) Some grey floors have a greenish undertone, so they tend to lean more to the cooler shades of the color spectrum. To balance this coolness, you may want to use warm colors for your other room elements. You can use shades of red, especially the ones that have been lightened by white or grey. To accentuate this, you can also add honey and gold accents to your décor. Sage is fantastic for walls.
4) Other grey floors have a reddish cast to them, and such a floor goes well with cream and pink hues. The warmth of the pink will offset the cool grey nicely. Then you can add some sparkle to the room with some gold or honey in your accessories and furnishings. Another option here is salmon to balance the grey, with sky-blue or turquoise accents for accessories and fabrics,
5) If you have slate grey oak flooring, you may notice a slight blue undertone. You can accentuate this with teal and cerulean for your walls. Then complement the blue with gold or yellow in your drapery and upholstery fabrics. You can add some warmth to the room by adding cocoa brown elements such as bronze tabletop pieces. Here and there, you can also put in some creamy white elements for a neutral touch.
6) If the grey you’ve chosen is quite dark, add red to the room. This makes for a stylish urban theme for modern homes. Then you can accentuate this color scheme with black and white wall frames and wall art.
7) If you’re looking to create a tranquil vibe for your room, then a light grey oak floor is the perfect choice. Add hints of sliver, beige, and cream colors throughout the room to further enhance the sense of calmness.