Brown & Dark Palette
Interior Design Tips
1) If you’re still looking for furniture and you want a few wood pieces, go for lighter shades. This helps prevent your tables and chairs from “disappearing” into your floors, and it also keeps the area from looking too heavy. Place beige or light grey rugs and paint your walls in neutral tones to create a really nice contrast.
2) But what if you already have dark furniture? Well, you don’t have to get rid of them. What you may like to do instead is add lots of bright light-colored pieces throughout the room. And if possible, paint your walls in lighter tones. You can also accentuate the “natural” look of the dark oak floor by placing pots with large plants around the corners of the room or living area. You can also opt to add brown and green accents (in lighter hues) here and there to really give off an organic feel to the room.
3) Don’t hesitate to include bright colored accessories. If you have a dark leather couch, for example, placing bright yellow throws can make the design more harmonious.
4) Patterned rugs can also work wonders for a room with this kind of flooring. It provides a cozier feel, as it alleviates the formality that sometimes permeates a room like this. The dark floor with the patterned rug and rich colors all over the room will provide a very comfy and welcoming atmosphere for the space.
5) In the kitchen, the dark oak floor can work too. This is especially true with engineered oak flooring, which can withstand the spills common in such areas. You can keep the atmosphere light and airy by picking very light colours for your cabinets and shelves. To complete the look, add wood accents along with some warm bronze metals for handles.